如果我们要让某人相信某事是真实的或者将要发生的，我们会说“我向你保证…”, 这种情形在英语中通常用I can assure you或者类似let me assure you的结构来表达:
- She hastened to assure me that the report contained no critical comment on my department’s performance.
- Let me assure you / I can assure you that the children will be totally safe on this adventure holiday. No risks of any kind will be taken.
- Ensure / Make sure that your working hours as well as your rate of pay are written into your contract.
- I tried to ensure that everybody wore their life jackets the whole time that we were on the sailing boats, but not everybody carried out my instruction.
- I shall try to insure that you have a nice time while you are here.
- We can insure your car against fire, theft and third party damage for as little as £30 per month.~
- Make sure you remember to insure the digital camera and the mobile phones. They’re not included under the house contents insurance.
- He sought an assurance from me that i’d always be available on Saturdays to undertake the work.
- I was unable to give her any assurance that Beth would arrive in time for the family re-union.
另外，在英式英语中，通常用life assurance可以代替life insurance，这两种说法都没有问题：
- As we came down that hill, I thought we were going to die and I started thinking about my life insurance / life assurance policies.
- Insurance is the term used to describe all other types of insurance:
- That car is not insured. The insurance expired at the end of July and you haven’t renewed it.