中有些单词翻译后都可以用一个汉语意思来表达，给我们的英语学习造成了不少麻烦。其中Wear, put on, dress, in这几个英语单词都能表示“穿”的意思，它们的区别如下：
- She was wearing a beautiful diamond necklace with matching earrings.
- She is wearing a red coat
- This carpet is beginning to wear. We shall soon have to replace it.
- He is such an annoying person. My patience is wearing thin.
- If you didn’t play football every day, your shoes wouldn’t wear out so quickly.
- Don’t rush around so much. You’ll wear yourself out.
- I’ve spent all day shopping and I feel quite worn out.
2, Put on
短语Put on表示“穿上、戴上”，强调“穿”“戴”的动作。当然们说put on衣服时，表明我们的目的是wear这件衣服。当我们不想wear时，就要把它们take off. 另外的用法还有“put on weight(增肥)”，其反义词是“lose weight”。
- Take that shirt off and put on a new one. You can’t go out in such an old shirt.
- The amateur dramatic company put on a new show, but had to take it off after three days as nobody came.
- The casserole is in the oven. Put the potatoes on now and put the rice on in five minutes.
- I thought I was going to put some weight on on holiday, but I lost half a kilo as I swam every day.
- Why don’t you put that new CD on so that I have some music while I’m ironing?
Dress的宾语通常是人，意思是“给……穿衣服”。dress oneself 或 get dressed表示给自己穿衣服。
“dress up”表示“盛装打扮、乔装打扮”；“dress down”表示穿着不合时宜。
- You’d better get dressed now. Henry will be here in ten minutes.
- She came in covered in mud. So I bathed her and dressed her in new clothes.
- I must dress now for the party. Have you dressed the salad yet?
- I think it’s better not to dress that wound. We’ll just leave it so that the air can get to it.
- It is customary now to dress down in certain offices in the city on Fridays. There is no need to wear a suit.
- I just love dressing up and Edward’s having an Edwardian party on Saturday.
另外，Be dressed in表示穿着的状态，一般用来表示特定环境下特定的装束，具有一定的目的性。
- She was dressed in a multi-layered organdie gown with a duchess satin opera coat for the open-air production of Don Giovanni. Her chaperone was wearing a white dinner jacket.
- My brother is in a blue jacket.
- The boy in a blue jacket is my brother.
- My brother is in blue.