- Jane speaks French. Sam also speaks French.
- I love chocolate. I also love pizza.
- Frank can come with us. Nancy can also come with us.
“Also”跟在 “to be.”之后。
- I am also Canadian.
- I was also there.
除了跟在 “to be.”之后， “also” 应放在单个动词之前。
- I also sing.
- He also helped us.
在复杂动词时态语句中, “also” 放在构成时态的第一部分之后，第二部分之前。
- I have also been to Hong Kong.
- I am also studying economics.
同样, 由于情态动词通常紧接动词，”also” 应放在情态动词之后。
- I can also speak French.
- I should also be there.
- Jane speaks French. Sam speaks French too.
- I love chocolate. I love pizza too.
- Frank can come with us. Nancy can come with us too.
- I am Canadian too.
- I can speak French too.
- I am studying economics too.
- If he wants to go too, he should meet us at 8:00.
- Mr. Jones wanted the contract. Ms. Jackson, too, thought it was necessary.
- Donna is working on a solution to the problem. I, too, am trying to find a way to resolve the conflict.
- Jane doesn’t speak French. Sam doesn’t speak French either.
- I don’t love chocolate. I don’t love pizza either.
- Frank cannot come with us. Nancy cannot come with us either.
- I cannot speak French either.
- I am not studying economics either.
- I don’t want to eat either.
- I didn’t like the movie either.
- The weather wasn’t very appealing. I also wanted to stay home and finish my book. That’s why I didn’t go to the beach.
- The car wasn’t expensive, and I needed a way to get around town too. That’s why I bought it.
- Jane is too short. She is not a good athlete either. I don’t think she would make a good basketball player.
- He is lazy. He doesn’t study either. That’s why he doesn’t do well in school.